Weathering

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Finally, something that I consider officially blog-worthy happened to me. And let me tell you, it was disgusting. I was walking to pilates, completely minding my own business, when a nut fell from a tree and landed on my head. Either a philosopher or statistician (I'm not sure which) at heart, I marveled at the chances of that one nut falling from that one tree and landing directly on top of my head as I happened to walk by. Then I stopped and considered the circumstances more carefully.

There was no tree nearby.

Awestruck, I marveled that that one nut fell from no tree and landed directly on top of my head as I happened to walk by. Then reality started to surface, and I ran my hand through my hair. It was sticky. I never saw the hideous creature, but it left its mark--a mark that persists even though I rinsed my head in the bathroom sink before pilates. I'm going home to take a shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home