Weathering

Monday, December 20, 2004

Well, since nobody had anything to say about the majesty of our Christmas tree in the last week, I won't bother to post another picture, even though it now sports a makeshift tree skirt and PRESENTS.

Yesterday Matt and I returned from Boston, where we spent a wonderfully relaxing weekend with my Dartmouth buds. Present were Debbie, Eric (the festivities took place at their house), Liz, Megan, Matt, and me. We did a lot of hanging out, chatting, and for the ladies, foot revitalization, while the guys brought us warm alcoholic drinks and refreshed our foot baths with boiling water. It was lovely. We flew back last night to experience the first snow where we actually lived since 1998. The snow was pretty and didn't even slow the drive from Baltimore all that much. Of course we didn't have a snow scraper in our car, though, so we used our gloved hands to remove the snow and ice buildup from the car windows, which was a bit more difficult than we expected. We thought it would only be light powder, but it was pretty well iced on. In any case, it wasn't that big of a problem, and we ended our travel day with a delicious warm dinner at Bertucci's, mere blocks from our home.

2 Comments:

  • I think we were all just dumbstruck by the majesty.
    I'm eager to see what you think of winter by, say, February. Last year I'm pretty sure I was actually suffering from SAD by then. This year, though, I seem to be coping a little better, at least so far.

    By Blogger JS, at 11:02 AM, December 20, 2004  

  • I thought your tree was lovely, pooky. Merry Christmas Eve. Please post some pictures from your Christmas. I was less than thrilled with the storm we hit driving back from Boston yesterday. But it was a rainstorm so it isn't Winter's fault. I bet February will be terrific for the Heat Wall, regardless of weather... she'll be an experienced student at Patent Academy. If you need ideas for your outfit for the first day, rent Legally Blonde again.

    Megan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM, December 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home