Weathering

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy birthday to Will



Will has gone to bed, so I am now at liberty to wish him a happy birthday online! I think he had a nice birthday. He woke up a bit on the early side, but I'm sure he was just very excited. Matt started off the morning by presenting him with a Curious George "Happy Birthday" stuffed animal, which he seemed to both love and fear. His next birthday surprise was somewhat more age-appropriate--a Leapfrog table from my parents, just like the one he always plays with at the pediatrician's office, but this time with batteries installed. He loved it. From that point on the day progressed basically as usual, except at lunch I kept warning him not to fill up on nutritious stuff because we were going out for ice cream afterwards, which we did. It was an event planned by a moms' group that I joined, so it wasn't an actual birthday celebration for Will, but the timing was good. Then after Matt got home we made pizza for dinner and ate ice cream cake and opened presents. His primary present from us was a set of big Legos. He seems to like putting things together and taking them apart, so I think he'll enjoy these. We also got him a stuffed animal and some bath toys, which have been hits so far. I'm pretty sure the cake and ice cream are his favorite parts of his birthday, though. He cried when Matt took the cake away to cut it after he helped Will blow out his candle (see the picture below). Here I will present you with a collection of pictures from today and from the first of Will's birthdays observed, which was last Saturday with Matt's parents.













2 Comments:

  • Will also got a very special birthday phone call from Mrs. Sedgewick, but it turns out he's afraid of regular people on the phone and prefers chatting with imaginary people. Which I do too, so it was hard to fault him for that.

    By Blogger JS, at 1:07 PM, September 13, 2007  

  • It's true! I think he prefers to be in total control of the conversation. There's nothing strange about that.

    By Blogger Heather, at 8:43 PM, September 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home