Weathering

Monday, August 27, 2007

Speech! Speech!

Will talks all the time now. He calls the cats by name, though Nanette sounds more like "Neh Neh," and JR sounds more like "RR." Still, though, they are identifiable words, at least to us. And it's really cute. He hung out with my parents' dogs last weekend and came home expecting the cats to be just as tolerant of him as the dogs were, so he gets kind of upset when the cats see him and run. He is better at not trying to eat them than he used to be, but he still sometimes gets too excited and pulls their tails or grabs their fur. Will is also a master at using the word "good," and surprised me the other day while he and I were watching Law and Order: SVU by all of a sudden starting to clap and saying "Good job!" I didn't think he was following the storyline, but maybe I wasn't giving him enough credit. And sometimes when he's sitting in the back seat of the car we know he's on his toy cell phone because he uses this really funny high-pitched voice when conversing with his pretend friends.

Here is a picture of Will with his Grand-Nana:



And here's Will sitting on my lap:

3 Comments:

  • Holy crap! Talking! I guess I knew Will was already talking but..wow! He's talking.

    --chris s

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM, August 27, 2007  

  • That is adorable. Had the case just been cracked? Because I really think Will is extraordinarily smart.

    Actually, now that I type that, I think it's more likely that he'd figured out who did it within the first five minutes of the episode, and he was clapping and commenting sarcastically, like, nice work there, Keystone Kops.

    By Blogger JS, at 9:01 AM, August 28, 2007  

  • Oh, don't let me mislead you. He' s not _talking_ talking. We don't have conversations, per se. But I do recognize a fair number of words, and he uses them in context more and more. Most of the words he repeats I don't think he necessarily gets, at least initially, but it's definitely cool to see the way language develops in little kids.

    And yes, maybe should be a little bit more careful about what TV shows we watch with Will in the room now. It's embarrassing to be outsmarted by a person not yet one.

    By Blogger Heather, at 1:09 PM, August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home