Weathering

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

They say that Delaware is a small state.

And that's because it is! Yesterday Matt, Will, and I checked out a nice playground a couple of miles from our house and met briefly a mom and her 18-month-old son, who was wearing an adorable Pooh hat. We didn't chat long because this other kid knew how to walk and didn't want to just stand around. And then this morning Will and I were hanging out at the university while Matt did some job-related stuff and ran across this very same mom and boy. I initially recognized the mom, but wasn't sure of myself until I saw the kid's Pooh hat, and then I knew it was the same people. So I screwed up my courage and went over to them and we chatted and hung out for the next hour or so. She gave me a recommendation for a pediatrician that she loves, and we exchanged email addresses. She is my first friend in Delaware!

Other than that, we had a nice visit last weekend with Robbie and Jess on Friday and then with Megan from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon. Here's a picture of Will's play area with the rug that we bought on Saturday.



And here's a picture of the family on vacation in Plum Island, MA. Will is giving me a kiss.



And finally, here's a picture of Will looking ridiculously like a little boy and not at all like a baby. Also a tiny bit like a pole dancer.

2 Comments:

  • Good job on the friend-making! That didn't take long at all. I bet Will is especially excited that she has a big kid that he can try to keep up with.

    I had a similar experience last night at CPR class when one of the women from Tuesday's yoga class showed up. She was also my yoga instructor's best friend in high school, so it's a doubly small-world experience. Squirrel Hill is really pretty small, but I bet it'd be even easier to make those links in Newark.

    And I like that rug.

    By Blogger JS, at 10:44 AM, August 16, 2007  

  • The rug is great! And I love the other two pictures, especially the picture of the three of you. Although Will's definition of a "kiss" looks a lot like taking a bite out of mom's cheek.

    - Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM, August 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home