Weathering

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Weekend in Pittsburgh




We had a delightful visit in Pittsburgh this past weekend. The drive Friday afternoon and evening was not great--we left home at 3 and arrived at 10--but the weekend more than made up for the lousy drive.

Our first stop was at Megan's apartment, where Liz was visiting. Liz had not yet met Will, so it was fun to introduce the two of them. Even though Will was tired and hadn't eaten in three hours, he was remarkably smiley and talkative for the hour that we were there. I wish I had a picture of his first smile when he met Liz. I'd say they hit it off pretty well.

The rest of the weekend we spent with Robbie and Jess for our annual Christmas visit. The first thing we did was stun their cat with the concept that human beings can be very, very small. I think he warmed up to Will over the course of the weekend, but as the picture above shows, he was not immediately sure that things were exactly right with the world.

The next morning Jess and I hit the Carnegie Mellon gym, where I did the elliptical for a half hour for the first time in three months. I was happy with how well I did considering that it's been a while, but then again I was eight-and-a-half-months pregnant and fifteen pounds heavier the last time I was on an elliptical, so maybe I shouldn't have been too surprised that this was comparatively not so bad. We spent the rest of the day walking, eating, chatting, teaching Will colors (see the third picture above), driving through an elaborate display of Christmas lights in a neighboring town, cooking, and opening presents. The second picture above shows Will with his very first Christmas present ever.

On Sunday we went geocaching for Robbie and Jess' cache, which I really have to remember to log, now that I think about it. We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant where our entrees arrived before our drinks, but the food was good and we had fun. And our drive home was quick--five hours, including one long stop to feed Will and change his diaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home