Weathering

Monday, May 21, 2007

getting big


Since Julie told me last week that Oliver uses a Pampers box as a makeshift walker, I figured I'd give it a go at our house. We don't have a Pampers box, but we've got the next best thing--a Target-brand diaper box. It took Will about 0.3 seconds to crawl over and put himself in a near-standing position. He was thrilled with himself! There was a slight breakdown of the teamwork involved, however, when I let go of the box to get the camera, and the box slipped and Will toppled to the ground. But he was fine and I braced the box against the cat condo and he did it all over again, pictured above.

Will has also been talking a lot and Matt and I are wondering if we're hearing the beginning of actual words. He's had "dadadada" down for months now, and he's recently started with "mamamama," which I like. We're not convinced in either case that he associates these sounds with people or things, but we sometimes wonder. But his repetoire of sounds has grown noticeably lately, and I'm sure the other day I heard him say "Bob Loblaw."

1 Comments:

  • And why not? Those should be the three most important people in any child's life.

    And he looks so pleased with himself, standing there! Good for him. I will try to find some boxes for your visit.

    By Blogger JS, at 8:22 PM, May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home