Weathering

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!


We started the day off right with a nice family trip to Dunkin' Donuts. Hey, it's a holiday, after all. And now it's noon and Will is the only one of us dressed for the day.

Last night Matt and I went to the Kennedy Center to see the National Symphony Orchestra, which was Matt's birthday present to me. I have not been feeling well again, so we weren't sure if we were going to go, but we really didn't want to miss it and I was feeling better last night than I was in the morning, so we went and had a very nice time. I think what impressed me the most was seeing scenes that I recognized from The West Wing. I guess that doesn't say much about my depth of personality, but it's true. The music was also very nice, though I missed listening to most of the last several pieces because I was so distracted by watching the first three seats in the first violin section perform some bizarre instrument switch. I finally figured out that the principal violinist broke a string, so she switched instruments with her standmate, who then switched again with the third seat, in the row behind them. He restrung the violin while the first two continued to play. Then they did another elaborate series of very quick switches to get everyone their own instruments back. This was all fascinating to me, for some reason, and then the concert was over. Also, it is exceedingly easy to get to the Kennedy Center by metro. There is a nice red shuttle that runs from Foggy Bottom to the Kennedy Center every fifteen minutes, and it so happened to be there just as we exited the metro station, so we didn't have to wait at all. And it dropped us off right in front of the theater and picked us up there again after the concert was over. I was impressed by how convenient it was.

Will is feeling much better today than he was yesterday. His eyes look great, though he has to continue with the eye drops for another week or so. He slept until 7:30 this morning and then played in his crib until close to 8, when Matt couldn't take listening to his talking anymore and went to get him up. Then we all sat in bed together and watched last week's House, which I taped on Tuesday.

And finally, congratulations to all of our good friends who are expecting babies this fall. I've been putting off mentioning these upcoming new additions until it was public knowledge, but now all the cats are out of the bags, so I think it's safe. So congratulations to Debbie and Eric, Jess and Robbie, and--I just found out this weekend from Jess--Courtney and Matt, all the way in Haifa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home