Weathering

Monday, May 07, 2007

Moving

For those who don't already know, we are moving to Delaware this summer. Matt accepted a job at the University of Delaware, home to the most welcoming group of people I've ever met, not to mention the Blue Hens, so this July we are moving from the big city to Newark, DE, where we could buy a five-bedroom home for the cost of our two-bedroom condo here, if we happened to own our two-bedroom condo here, which we don't. Nonetheless, we're excited to be starting the search for our first house. I hope the search doesn't take too long, and I don't think it will. I have the impression that there are approximately fifteen houses on the market roughly in our price range and desired neighborhoods, and that isn't all that many to choose from, especially since we haven't been inside any of them yet. That is what we are doing this Friday and Saturday.

I'm pretty sure that our apartment here has reached close to its maximum cleanliness level between now and when we move. We've started storing boxes and packing material in our bedroom, and I see myself losing more and more interest over time in really putting things away now that I know that we're moving everything in just a couple of months anyway. On the other hand, Julie and Oliver are staying with us for a few nights in June, so that will inspire me to clean again, I'm sure.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with Will, except that it is our understanding that he will be moving with us. His position seems to be that he'll go where the cats go, and we're pretty sure the cats are moving to Delaware.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home