Weathering

Friday, July 06, 2007

Will feeds himself and makes a big mess



It is Friday and I am tired. Will has been sick this week, and I think I got some of what he had, which I guess stands to reason considering that we shared an ice-cream cone on Sunday.

To update you all, here is a list of things that Will now refuses to do without being forced:

-- sit in his carseat
-- sit in a stroller
-- sit in his highchair
-- not eat cat food
-- eat anything besides cat food that does not involve fruit or carrots

I like this kid very, very much, but I tell you. It's a pain to live with someone who refuses to cooperate with anything that makes it possible for us to leave the apartment or eat.

On the other hand, Will is talking these days, and uses the following words (or phrases) appropriately and in context:

-- mama
-- dada
-- more
-- kitty cat

He also points now to what he wants. In the case below, he wants the camera.



Also, he is an eating maniac (as long as the food involves fruit or carrots). At his nine-month appointment he was in the tenth weight percentile, at 18 lbs even. We started to try to bulk him up, since he downgraded from the twenty-fifth to the tenth. I guess we were successful because he's getting to be quite the chunkybutt and when we took him to the doctor on Monday he was, ahem, 19 lbs, 12 ounces. That was three weeks later. Now, the second time they weighed him with his clothes and diaper on and he also shortly thereafter vomited what I'm seriously sure was half a pound of puke (all over the front and back of my shirt and in my hair). But regardless, he gained at least a pound in those three weeks.

1 Comments:

  • It's like he's turning into a toddler already. Good luck with that.

    Rorie isn't there yet, but she's starting to get more and more fussy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 PM, July 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home