Weathering

Monday, May 28, 2007

house


I think we're close enough to the end of the house-buying process now that I'm comfortable showing you all the house that we chose. We love it. It is in a nice neighborhood a few miles from the university. It has a pretty deck on the back and beautiful wood floors. The process so far has been way easier than we imagined it would be. We only seriously looked at houses for two days before we decided to make an offer on this one. We negotiated what we thought was a great price and the home inspection went fine. We mailed in our mortgage application today and will start researching homeowner's insurance this week. I have no idea what is next--we take this one step at a time! But we're very excited. We close at the end of June and plan to move at the end of July.

In Will-related news, he crawls all over the place now and pulls himself up to a standing position on pretty much anything he can. He's also been eating like a maniac these last couple of days. I'm thinking it might be time to step his diet up a notch or two. No more of this level-two baby stuff.

We had a very nice Memorial Day weekend. We had brunch yesterday with Craig and Elisa and a barbecue later in the afternoon with Mark and Alisha. We spent a lot of time outside every day this weekend, and it has been HOT out. Hot and muggy. I can't complain, though. This May has been a lot cooler and more pleasant than last May was.

2 Comments:

  • CUTE CAPE! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM, May 28, 2007  

  • Hee. I've been thinking just the opposite about this May. I think I'm coming up with a theory as to why...

    By Blogger JS, at 7:51 AM, May 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home