Weathering

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Holy crap

Today Will locked himself in our bedroom. I don't have any pictures of the event because I was too busy hyperventilating to grab the camera and take pictures from the outside of the closed and locked door. We never close our bedroom door because the cats like to come and go, so we had no idea that the doorknob was locked. Will discovered recently that he can close doors, and we like to encourage his explorations when they seem harmless, which this did because we did not know the door was locked. In fact, as he was closing the door Matt and I even discussed that there was no way that the door was locked, so you can imagine our surprise when we tried to open the door back up and could not. Matt knew how to pick the lock, so he did, but not nearly quickly enough, in my opinion. Will was pretty freaked out and I could hear him crying from the other side of the door. He doesn't understand locked doors, but he knew that all of a sudden he was in a closed room by himself, and he didn't like it. He was probably locked in there for a total of 45 seconds, but it felt like an hour to me.

Today Will and I also went to our last play session with Charlene and Carter, who we met at our first ever moms and babies' group meeting last December. They live just down the street from us and we've gotten together with them a bunch of times over the last six months. Carter has a little pool in front of their house, so we went over so that Charlene and I could sit in lawn chairs and enjoy the beautiful weather and eat cookies while the boys hung out in the pool. Carter was pretty happy with that, and so was Will. For about two minutes. Will is not a guy who likes to sit still, even in a pool full of water and toys, so he squirmed his way onto my lap, where we sat while Carter enjoyed the pool. In any case, it was a nice time and we stayed for a couple of hours. Charlene is my kind of casual mom, and I'll miss hanging out with her, even though I never got to know her all that well.

I'm frankly kind of freaking out that we're moving for real a week from tomorrow. Today I joined a Yahoo group of Delware moms, and I already got a nice welcome email from one of the members, inviting me to a bunch of stuff, so that is very nice. I admit that I haven't been impressed with a lot of what Delaware has to offer in terms of grocery stores and the like, but the people do seem very nice. I suspect Will and I will get to know the lay of the land relatively quickly going to various people's homes for playgroups and activities.

And today we did some packing. Here's a picture of Will helping.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home