Weathering

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Penguins and Bubbles


Recently Will has been obsessed with penguins. It started a couple of weeks ago when we went to Ikea with my parents and all of their fake TVs were showing penguins. Will took a strong interest in the penguins, and we had to work hard to get him into an area that didn't have any. So my mom bought him a Happy Feet DVD, which we now watch every single day. I've never actually seen the whole movie from start to finish because he has a short attention span and usually watches it in five-minute segments, but as long as there are penguins on the television, he's pretty happy. Then the other day I was checking my email with Will in my lap and I figured I'd see if I could find any penguins online. So I happened upon the March of the Penguins website, and put the movie trailer on for him. He was transfixed. We watched it five times before I cut him off. Now every time I go near the computer he wants to watch the penguins. I think we've watched it six or seven times today.

He also recently learned the word "bubble." He uses it correctly (we were outside blowing bubbles when I taught it to him), but I believe it has also come to mean "purple," "apple," "baby," "Mumble" (the penguin in Happy Feet), and "Babar." I believe he uses it for any two-syllable word whose second syllable starts with a p or a b.

The picture above is to remind myself of how small Will used to be in his crib. This morning when I got him up I was struck by how big he looked. He prefers to sleep perpendicular to the intended direction, but he's now too tall so he ends up either with his feet sticking out between the bars, or oriented diagonally.

2 Comments:

  • Will was never that small. You are tricking us with a picture of Jess's new baby. BTW, any word?

    Will has such a huge vocabulary! Rorie can only say Mama and cat. She knows lots of words, but doesn't seem to have control of her mouth to make the words herself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 AM, October 12, 2007  

  • Wow, time does fly. I was actually trying to figure out if that was somehow a picture of Dylan. . . hard to believe that walking talking Will was ever such a little person!

    Love and hugs,
    Lizzie

    By Blogger Turtlewoman, at 8:45 AM, October 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home