Weathering

Friday, December 08, 2006

Check this kid out!



Did you know that he could lift his head like that? Or use two hands to navigate an object to his mouth? I did not, until this week.

Today Will and I went to a coffee hour for a local group of moms and babies. We both made friends. Will's new BFF is named Carter. He is nine weeks old. The two babies stared at, smiled at, and talked to each other for a good long time. At one point Will's attention shifted to another baby and Carter started to cry. I don't know what Will was thinking.

It was interesting to hear the babies talking to each other. It turns out that, as far as I can tell, all babies make the exact same sounds and smile the same way, just on different faces. It was nice to see how much the babies enjoyed each other's company. I look forward to going again next week. Maybe next week I'll even have my act together enough to get around to ordering a coffee.

4 Comments:

  • I see from the blue block in the picture that not only is Will mastering head lifting and hand to mouth skills, but also English, Spanish, and French. Does Carter have those down yet?

    Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:15 PM, December 09, 2006  

  • Sharp eyes, Debbie! Those blocks were a Christmas present from Jess and Robbie. I did not get the impression that Carter has reached Will's level of erudition, but he is a bit younger. And I didn't want to make his mom feel bad by asking too many of those types of questions. You know, in case he doesn't know his multiplication tables yet. That sort of thing.

    By Blogger Heather, at 10:55 PM, December 09, 2006  

  • Ooh, are you going to take Liz to your coffee hour? She's a bonafide OB-GYN-- she'd be like a guest star! I can't wait to see Will (and you) (and Matt) (and Debbie) (and Liz) (and Eric) (and Paul) this weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM, December 12, 2006  

  • Oh, that was me. Megan. But then, you knew that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM, December 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home