Weathering

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

First library loan


Today Will and I stopped by the library on our walk home from daycare. I was hoping to find my next book club book, but it was already checked out. I was going to leave, but then figured since we had walked there we might as well stay for a few minutes. So we headed to the children's room, just to check it out. I thought we'd just browse, but then I got the idea to look for some baby music CDs. They didn't have a huge selection (this is a small library), but I was impressed by their organization--CDs for little babies had green stickers on them, so all I had to do was take a quick look to find age-appropriate music. But what I liked best about the experience was Will's reaction. As we walked through the aisles of books he looked all around and oooohed and aaaahed. Going to the library was one of my favorite things to do as a kid, so I was really excited by his enthusiasm.

This past weekend Megan came to visit, and we had a lot of fun. We went to the mall on Saturday and Sunday were snowed in for a lot of the day. Will and I did take a quick trip to play with Carter and his mom, which was a good time. Carter was either more used to us, better rested, or just more comfortable in his own home, since he was much happier and more smiley than he was last week at our place. The babies played with toys together and the moms drank hot chocolate.

This coming weekend is going to be huge! Julie, Tobias, and Oliver are rolling (flying, actually) into town Thursday evening, which I am very excited about. And on Sunday Chris, Jenny, and Rorie are driving down from Baltimore, where they are attending a conference. I'm really looking forward to getting the three babies together and seeing so many Santa Barbara friends for the first time since becoming parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home