Weathering

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I don't like Blake Lewis


And I don't think Will does either.

Or maybe Will is upset because he got kicked out of daycare today. Yep, and it wasn't for something cool like beating up the other babies. It was because the management misunderstood maximum occupancy regulations and didn't realize that they included the staff as well as the kids, and are now being prosecuted for being beyond their allowed capacity. So Will was one of the ones who got the boot. Effective immediately. We don't have a lot of information yet, but it's my understanding that only three kids were kicked out. We don't know if he was one of the newest three or what. We expect to find out more soon (and get our tuition back, since we paid through June 8). In any case, this puts me in a pretty awkward situation because we lined this daycare up nine months in advance, and were lucky even then to get a spot. And I can't just quit my job without giving notice, and I don't want to quit, anyway! This isn't the worst possible thing in the world because we are moving in two months anyway, and I still have plenty of FMLA leave without pay left from maternity leave, but still--that's leave WITHOUT pay, if I don't work I'll have to start paying all of our health insurance premiums, and I still have the problem of needing to work my last two weeks. And Matt is trying to finish up experiments before we move this summer, so he's not in the best position to become a stay-at-home dad. Oh well, we'll figure something out, but for today we're all pretty stunned. Well, Will isn't. Believe it or not, he doesn't really seem to care!

(Oh, the truth is he is pooping in this picture.)

2 Comments:

  • It's because Will hates beatboxing. And he loves Melinda Doolittle.

    -Megs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM, May 22, 2007  

  • I have to admit that when I first got your email and saw that Will had been kicked out, I assumed it was for pulling some other kid's hair. This is way less cool.

    By Blogger JS, at 10:12 PM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home