Weathering

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Like he's from outer space



This guy is ten months old today! You want to see his teeth? Here they are.



Will is feeling much better about life this week than he did last week, I think. He's given me very little trouble about riding in the stroller or getting into the highchair. He's still not a big fan of car rides or getting his diaper changed, but I don't blame him. This afternoon on our walk home from work and daycare, an elderly man stopped to admire Will, apparently not remembering that he's seen us and talked to us about five other times since Will was born. And every time he says the same thing--that kid's going to break hearts some day. Only this time he added, "Look at those big blue eyes. It's like he's from outer space." Uh, what? He said it like it was a compliment, so I took it that way, puzzling though it was.

3 Comments:

  • Outerspace. Far out, man. He better not break my girl's heart, though.

    Incidentally, Rorie gets fussy in the way you describe when there's a cat in the room. Also, when there's not a cat in the room. She even tried to eat my mom's dog's food today. I feel like I'm starting to see the toddler slowly emerge.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM, July 12, 2007  

  • Yes, I think that time is here. They're getting smarter and more independent and want to exert their own will.

    Huh, I guess there's pretty much always a cat in the room or there isn't. It looks like you're out of luck.

    By Blogger Heather, at 9:36 PM, July 12, 2007  

  • Oh my God, was it Sun-Ra?

    By Blogger JS, at 9:22 AM, July 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home