Weathering

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween party


We just got back from a Costume Dinner Dance at our church, and it was a blast! The boys were adorable and danced like crazy. And most importantly, some mystery attendee brought Ace Pear Cider, which I haven't had in years. It just made my night.

In preparation for the evening's festivities I spent most of this afternoon being uncharacteristically crafty, which was fun. Some of you may recall this curtain that Jess and I made back in the Alexandria days:


Well, today I transformed it into a pair of scrubs for Will to wear with his doctor jacket (a Christmas present last year from the Sedgewicks). Behold (and pay no attention to the apparent stain in the crotch--it's just water):




Impressive, no? But that's not all. Check out that ID tag! Go ahead--click on the picture, take a good look at the ID. I made it. It rocks. OK, OK, enough about me. Here's Will strutting his stuff at the kids' parade at the party.



And here are Matt and Ryan, bringing up the rear. Matt is a vampire, and Ryan is a tired, tired little boy wearing the lion costume that Will refused to wear two years ago. Ryan loves people and had a great time at the party, but the poor little guy was pretty low in energy from the start of the evening. I think he was also overheating in that lion costume. Toward the beginning of the party he stopped dancing, sat down on a step, and just looked sad. After a while I took the lion coat off of him and he gave me a big smile, stood up, and resumed dancing. That's Ryan--instead of crying or getting cranky he just sat down. He also spent a fair portion of the party sitting on Matt's lap, drinking ginger ale out of a beer bottle, which was pretty funny. I meant to take a picture, but forgot.



And I got to be a pretty, pretty princess. Will took this picture!

4 Comments:

  • Wow, Heather, I'm impressed. Will's costume is fantastic! I'm mostly grateful we're in Greece and don't have to celebrate Halloween but seeing your kids' cute costumes makes me a little bit wistful.

    Also, can Will come take our family Christmas picture?

    By Anonymous Courtney, at 8:03 AM, October 26, 2009  

  • Aw, thanks, Courtney! And yes, most definitely--but I'll have to accompany him on the trip. I don't think they let three-year-olds fly alone.

    By Blogger Heather, at 10:24 AM, October 26, 2009  

  • Halloween is one of those holidays I didn't *really* understand until Rorie went trick-or-treating for the first time last year.

    --chris s

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM, October 26, 2009  

  • Will's ID even has a bar code! Great work on the whole costume.

    -Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM, October 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home