Weathering

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Unexpected Discovery

Today I do not hate my job. I have been in the lab since just before 10:00 this morning, and I've been having a perfectly fine time, even though it's Saturday. Of course, I've been setting the computer to take data and then waiting for hours at a time, talking on the phone and reading strangers' blogs, and not semiconductor processing or attaching teensy-tinsy gold wires to teensy-tinsy grey chips. Another thing is that I complain kind of a lot about how lousy it is to be alone in the lab all the time. I discovered today that a benefit of that working condition is that if you work all day Saturday, it's no different from any other day of the week, so you don't even feel like you're working a weekend. And finally, I think I don't mind because tomorrow Matt and I are embarking on our three-day first-anniversary vacation.

Tonight we're going out for sushi with Craig and maybe Helen and Buebbles and then tomorrow afternoon we are departing for Los Angeles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home