Weathering

Friday, January 05, 2007

Meet Will 2007


Will 2007 is a baby who will sleep on his own in the afternoon without being held, as shown in the picture above, taken around 4:30 this afternoon. Will 2007 is a baby who does not hate his swing. Will 2007 is a baby who does not hate to bathe. Will 2007 is a baby who will sit in his papasan chair and play happily by himself for twenty minutes or so while I unload the dishwasher or make cookies. Will 2007 is a baby who will shriek like I'm pulling out his almost nonexistent hair during the seven seconds that it takes me to switch sides while I'm nursing him. In this last regard Will 2007 is exactly like Will 2006. But in all the rest, this kid has mellowed out! I don't know if it was turning three and a half months that did it, but he has become an all-around pleasant person to be with. I'm not saying Will 2006 wasn't a charmer in his own way, but I did spend the first two months of his life pretty much never sitting down during a single one of his waking minutes, except while he was nursing. Matt read or heard that babies reach an age when they don't need to be held constantly anymore, and I think for Will that age is just shy of four months. He still likes to be held and he'll let me know when I've taken advantage of his good nature and it's time to pick him up again, and that is great. He also rolls over from his back to his front and tries very hard to sit up on his own and crawl. And he talks and smiles a lot of the time. And he grabs my hair and plays with my face. He's fun!

1 Comments:

  • Apparently, it gets even better than that. My friends have a 9 month-old, and she feeds herself munchies while they eat dinner. Ahhh, to dream.
    For more baby fun, check out their site: http://web.mac.com/ebuehler/iWeb/Margot/Welcome.html
    Congratulations on your awesome baby success!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM, January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home