Weathering

Thursday, January 25, 2007

rosy-cheeked baby


This is Will after a nice bath Monday night. We bathe him more frequently than we used to, mostly because it seems to calm him down at night and helps get him ready to go to bed. We find that he's ready to go to sleep earlier and earlier these days, I think because we're developing a schedule now and he's pretty active during the day. When he was a newborn he existed in these two-hour cycles between meals, so it didn't really matter what time he went to bed--he'd be up to eat again in two hours anyway. But now he sleeps through the night and goes to daycare in the mornings, and he seems ready to call it a night by around 9 every night. Tonight it was even earlier and I had him sleeping in his crib by 8:30. I seriously hope this doesn't mean that he'll be up for the day at 4:30 tomorrow morning.

Last night Matt and I were eating dinner with Will on my lap when he started laughing hysterically at Matt. I'm not sure why he was laughing, but it was hilarious. Matt was just chewing his burrito, which Will loved more than anything he's ever seen in his life. Upon closer inspection of Matt, I noticed that he had a piece of lettuce on his tooth. I don't know if Will actually noticed it and found it ridiculously funny, but he's seen people chew before without bursting into laughter, so I sort of wonder. I have never seen that child laugh so hard or so long at anything.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home