Weathering

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ryan's first bath



Ryan's umbilical stump finally fell off on Saturday, so on Sunday he had his first bath. Surprisingly, he did not hate it! Since Will screamed like we were tearing his feet off through every bath his first several months of life we sort of expected the same from Ryan, but he was pretty calm about the experience. He did start to cry toward the end, but I thought Matt was scrubbing his skin too hard myself (Matt disagrees).

We're also working on tummy time, as you can see above. I'm not totally sure what happened before I took that picture, but Ryan is crying and Will looks awfully pleased with himself. That's sort of the way this past week has gone in general.

Finally, we're working on dressing Ryan like a girl. This is a beautiful sweater and hat that my grandmother gave to us for Will before he was born. I actually think Ryan looks adorable in it, but yes, like the daughter that I never had.

5 Comments:

  • Dylan usually looked like that during tummy time, even without a big brother who may or may not have done something inappropriate just before the picture. (Because he hated it so much we didn't do very much tummy time but he seems pretty normal now so I think it was ok.)

    - Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM, June 24, 2008  

  • He's growing so fast already! Go Ryan! Will looks so adorable in that picture. He does have a little look of the cat that just swallowed the canary though . . . he will definitely be keeping you on your toes! I can't wait to come down and see those boys!
    Love,
    Auntie Liz

    By Blogger Turtlewoman, at 10:18 AM, June 25, 2008  

  • It's nice to the know that the second one can be better than the first in some ways. It may not be twice as hard with two. We want to have a second, but I think Chris is crapping his pants about getting preggers in a year from now! Rorie hated tummy time, and we found out that she has a milk allergy, which most likely contributed to hatred of tummy time.
    Congrats on your recent milestones!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM, June 28, 2008  

  • I dunno, I'm not sure he actually did anything. I think he's more saying "Look? You see now, what a mistake it was bringing this thing into the house?" Vindicated, that's how he looks.

    By Blogger JS, at 7:36 AM, July 02, 2008  

  • Sooo....busy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 PM, July 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home