Weathering

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Catching up


Photo shoot. Anyone see where I was going with this one? Jess?



Ryan's first cereal.



The mess Will made while I talked to Julie on the phone last week.



Ryan's child dedication at our church. It exhausted him.



Trip to the National Zoo. Also purchase of baby shoes that stay on Ryan's feet and keep his socks on.



Trip to Amherst, MA. We stayed with Jenny, Chris, and Rorie for two nights. Will and Rorie are remarkably similar children and chummed around nicely, which is to say that they did a lot of chasing each other around the kitchen table screaming at the top of their lungs. Jenny invited us to UMass for Matt to do a condensed matter physics seminar and for me to talk at their Women and Minorities in Physics group..

8 Comments:

  • I can't believe you got Will to stand still long enough to take that back-to-back shot!

    Congratulations to Ryan on the cereal. He's been wanting it for a while.

    Aunt Meggie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 PM, October 26, 2008  

  • He only stood there like that because he was plotting his next move (which was trying to pick Ryan up by his head).
    -Auntie Em

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:01 PM, October 26, 2008  

  • Ahahahahahahahahahaha.

    I first looked at this like three hours ago and I just now got it. Awesome. You're going to have to train them both to look sassier, though...

    (I tried to post this once already and I got an error, so I hope it doesn't post twice.)

    By Blogger JS, at 9:27 PM, October 26, 2008  

  • I've looked at the picture twice now and it's meaning is still eluding me...

    Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM, October 27, 2008  

  • Yeah, I knew most people wouldn't get it--it was pretty much a joke for Jess. Matt has this picture of him and his brother (taken when they were in high school or something like that) standing back to back and looking awfully sassy that we used to make fun of all the time when we lived in CA. We are mean, mean people.

    By Blogger Heather, at 3:23 PM, October 27, 2008  

  • I think the only thing to do is to scan it in. Then everyone could be in on the joke.

    By Blogger JS, at 5:55 PM, October 27, 2008  

  • Ooh yes, scan it in - that would be very funny! The boys look great. Not knowing the joke, I figured you were trying to point out that Ryan is catching up to Will on the growth curve. =-) Or maybe you were trying to point out that he actually IS a little baby. I also recognize those green cords I think! Very cute! Glad the outfit got another go round! Congrats on the cereal Ryan! And Will, very nice mess you made there. That is work to be proud of. Love Auntie Liz

    By Blogger Turtlewoman, at 2:11 PM, October 29, 2008  

  • I like that idea. I'll have to find the picture. It's probably in one of the boxes that we haven't unpacked yet, although we moved over a year ago.

    By Blogger Heather, at 2:20 PM, October 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home