Weathering

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Leaf-Raking Day 2009



Here's an unrelated story about Will. This afternoon he tried to open the door of the kitchen cart, which is in the middle of the kitchen. Everything in there is plastic or metal and completely safe to play with, and the boys often do take things out of there to play with. But something went wrong today and before I could do anything about it, the cart tipped over and fell on top of Will, along with all of its contents. It was pretty scary for a few seconds, but I quickly pulled it off of him and picked him up. I could see right away that he was far more scared than hurt. So he cried on my lap for a few minutes while Matt picked everything up and restored order. Then about five minutes after the incident, Will looked over at the kitchen cart and very quietly said, "Damn it!" I couldn't help cracking up.

Ryan later offered Matt a very animated rendition of what happened (Matt was in a different room when the cart fell). I thought it was pretty funny. We had no idea what his words were, but he kept gesturing toward the kitchen cart and speaking with much emphasis. The experience obviously scared him a bit too, since he was right there when it happened. But all is well that ends well, and in fact it gave me an excuse to mop beneath the kitchen cart tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home