Weathering

Friday, April 02, 2004

And, it's the weekend.

Well, almost. Actually, I have no idea when we're leaving work, but that is when the weekend will start for us. Right now I'm cooling my cryostat with liquid nitrogen. Tomorrow I will cool it with liquid helium. It is really annoying to work with a cryostat. I have to keep it cold all the time while I'm taking data, which means that I have to come here every day, even weekends, for the duration of the data run. And those can take months. Yes, something that I will not miss in my future life is low-temperature physics.

But Megan is coming in just over a week, which will be great. And Matt and I are going to Catalina Island for our anniversary in a few weeks, which I'm really looking forward to. We booked a room with a hot tub, something that we wanted for our wedding night, but couldn't have because nobody would let us rent such a room for just one night. Jerks. But anyway, that will be a mini-vacation in April, mere days before we leave for Debbie's wedding. And then Jess and Robbie will be here in June for Buebbesfest 3K. So I foresee months of quality entertainment in the coming days, which will take us almost to the time when I will start getting excited about moving. Oh, who am I kidding... I'm already excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home