Weathering

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Some kitties

Last night I went to Lompoc with Helen and the Buebbes to see Helen's coworker's eight-week-old kittens. There are seven of them, and they are very, very cute. I should have taken some pictures, but I left my camera in the car. Anyway, we held them and played with them and then they had dinner and ran around all over the place and got sleepy. I sat on the couch with four of them, and my favorite one crawled up on my leg and fell asleep while the other three curled up in a kittenball and slept on top of each other. It was like a postcard, it was so cute. And it's no wonder they were tired--scaling the couch was no easy feat for these cats. Finally we had to leave, and I had to wake the kitten up so that I could put it with its brothers and sisters. The thing did not want to wake up, so finally I just picked it up and put it on top of the others, and it squirmed its way into the pack and fell back asleep.

So, here's the dilemma. The kittens' owner wants to give them away because she cannot keep seven kittens in addition to her two cats, dog, birds and rabbit. I have wanted to get another cat because JR spends so much time alone, and I feel sorry for her. But Matt and I think it doesn't make a lot of sense to get another cat now because we're moving relatively soon, and we already don't know how we're going to transport one cat across the country. Also, neither of us has a lot of time to spend at home these days making sure that the two cats interact safely and happily together. And thirdly, the one that I loved so much is a long-haired kitty, which we don't really want. So I'm not sure what to do about it. I did not promise the owner that we would take one, but I told her that I would like to. I don't know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home