Weathering

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Where do you go for Zenergy?

I go to Tuesday's 5:10 group fitness class called Step Zenergy. It is followed by Yoga Zenergy, but I don't go to that. It is a class that I never considered attending until yesterday, but I think I will become a regular. I missed my usual aerobics routine on Monday to visit the kittens, and I abhor my job and will do anything I can to leave for a while, so I decided to try it out, even though I know and don't really like the teacher. She's not a bad person, but her choreography tends to be bland and repetitive, and she's a bit on the talkative side. But this class is great! Try to imagine a cross between pilates and step aerobics, and you will understand what this class is about. The lights are low and the music is, well, weird. There's a beat, but you don't have to follow it. The choreography is not technically challenging, but you soon realize that if you're taking the time to do it correctly, it's also not easy. You're encouraged not to step in time with the teacher or the rest of the class. The class is about balance, lengthening and core strength, but it's also cardio. The time went by really, really quickly, which in my mind is the ultimate test of an aerobics class. If I keep going, I'll definitely need a new outfit because I only have two, one for Monday and one for Thursday. That's OK--my gym clothes are the same ones that I've had for the last five years. I could probably use some new ones anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home