Weathering

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Boring, boring, boring

I haven't written anything in a while because nothing much has been going on. Well, Catalina was a lot of fun. The hot tub was every bit as wonderful as I thought it would be, though the continental breakfast left much to be desired. We went on a nice long hike on Tuesday--I might post some pictures tonight. It was really, really hot out that day. We wanted to hike even further than we did, but we were afraid that we'd run out of water and I think I had already started to die of sun exposure. We did get to a point where we could see both sides of the island at the same time, which was beautiful. We felt accomplished because we could see where we had started out that morning and it was not remotely close to where we were. On Wednesday we had to check out of the hotel in the morning, and we spent the day hanging out in Avalon (a town one square mile in size), watching boats and people. We amazed ourselves with our ability to be entertained that simply for so long.

Ever since we got back, I've basically been working. I had goals to accomplish by the end of Wednesday that I somehow managed to complete by Monday. So today I took a really long coffee break, followed by lunch. Then I worked for a little while and had group meeting at 2:30. Then I was going to go to colloquium, but I got there a little bit late and they had already started and I didn't want to make a scene trying to find a seat. Plus, I'd have to leave a few minutes early to get to aerobics on time, and that would involve making another scene climbing over people to get out. So I went back to the lab and played around on the internet for a while, and now, here I am. Lord knows what I will do tomorrow. Well, I'm talking to Julie, for one thing. And then on Thursday Matt and I are flying east for Debbie's wedding. And that should be our last trip for a long time. Well, mine. Matt is going to be gone for another week at the end of May for a conference in San Francisco.

Oh, we saw Kill Bill Volume 1. I place it firmly in the so-so category. I was entertained at the beginning, but found the last half pretty boring. I hear Volume 2 is quite different, and I hope it is funnier and less violent than Vol. 1.

Oh, I should add that Matt and I had a lovely breakfast last Friday with Tizzed and his sister Erin. It was a lot of fun seeing Tizzed again. I hope that he is still in State College when we move to Washington, DC, though I suspect that he hopes not. (Not because of us. I mean, Washington is a big place--if he wanted to go there and not see us, I think that would be totally doable. I meant for professional reasons.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home