Weathering

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Just because I don't want to have one of those blogs that gets updated every three months, not because I have anything interesting to say.

This week is going by slooooowly. Much like last Friday. I had a very nice weekend, but then work started up again bright and early Monday morning, and life resumed its course in slow motion.

Also, I am horribly sore. I went to pump class yesterday, as I often do on Mondays, but something about this class seems to have kicked my ass, and I've been limping since I got up this morning. I went to Step Zenergy this afternoon, thinking it would be the usual relaxing, stretching, lengthening, rejuvenating experience I've come to expect from a class with such a ridiculous name. But it wasn't. The teacher decided to do cardio intervals instead. This activity tortured my muscles, and I fear a bit for tomorrow. But tomorrow is Big Wednesday, and not only that, but it's my week to talk to Dr. J.

Now I'm going to try to go to bed. I have a hard time relaxing in the evenings because Matt is not here, and I'm not used to that. So I've been staying up late reading the past few nights to help myself sleep. And then I don't exactly hurry in to the lab in the morning. But tomorrow I'd like to get a decent amount done in the cleanroom before my 11:00 phone date, so I want to try to go to bed by 11:00 tonight. I don't think that will happen since it is 10:23 and I'm drinking a Coke. That may have been a tactical error, now that I think about it.

7 Comments:

  • I think a week is a bad length for an absence, because just when you sort of settle into the other person being gone and realize that hey, now you can read in bed all night if you want, or whatever you'd like to do that you normally don't do because it would bother him, then suddenly he's back again.
    It seems kind of malicious to do cardio intervals in Step Zenergy. There are _rules_ to the classes, after all, it's not like the teachers should just teach whatever passes through their minds...

    By Blogger JS, at 1:23 PM, May 19, 2004  

  • How can it be 10:23 there? it isn't midnight yet here . .. I thought CA was three hours behind? I'm so confused. =-(
    Two more days of school and one test left to go. Only one day in the ICU left!
    -Lizzie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM, May 19, 2004  

  • But, but--I'm in PA, and that was this morning, and now I'm really confused.

    By Blogger JS, at 11:21 PM, May 19, 2004  

  • I was really confused too when I published that last post and saw that it was listed at 10:08. I think it starts keeping track of the time when I begin the post, not publish it. I don't know what's up with your clock, Lizzie, but I'm pretty sure it was 10:23 (or thereabouts) when I said it was. Maybe you read it the next day?

    By Blogger Heather, at 1:18 PM, May 20, 2004  

  • Oh sorry, DUH. I read it on Wednesday night around 11 something PM EST. Sorry, I didn't realize it was from Tuesday. =-) No wonder I was so confused. I was post call, so this is understandable. You kind of lose a day when you spend the night in the hospital . . . something weird about leaving the hospital the next day . . . you are kind of in denial that is another day later. =-)

    Sorry!
    Lizzie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM, May 20, 2004  

  • No, I'm the silly one. I thought you were talking about my comment, which coincidentally was also posted at 10:23...

    By Blogger JS, at 8:47 PM, May 20, 2004  

  • Ah, now I think I understand _everything_. Possibly everything in the world.

    By Blogger Heather, at 1:07 PM, May 21, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home