Weathering

Monday, May 31, 2004

So, I worked half a day

I had arranged to get a ride home with Buebbles because Matt might be working late tonight, but Buebbles went home sick at around 1:00, and I went with him. My sample isn't working anyway, and it's a holiday. What does the university expect from me? I really don't know how I'm going to make it through June, July and August with this project.

I had a lovely chat with Jess, who, along with Robbie, was at Penn State this weekend visiting Tizzed. They had a good time. Jess and Robbie will be here in ten short days! It seems we're going to do a lot of eating. Luckily, the food that they miss most in Santa Barbara is the food that I like the best, so I'm excited for the excuse to go to all of our favorite restaurants in one long weekend. I told Jess that they might as well not pack bathing suits because the ocean's too cold to swim in and we have no pool, and she reminded me that you're not supposed to swim within an hour of eating, so there wouldn't be much opportunity during their visit, anyway. I thought that that was an excellent point. We then discussed when I should lay the cement for the vomitorium. This is going to be the best graduation weekend ever.

5 Comments:

  • What happened to our secret special plan?
    And yes. Eating, and liquid eating. Basically, I'm going to model my weekend behavior on that of Jabba the Hutt, although I doubt I can get Matt to wear a gold bikini.

    By Blogger JS, at 7:53 PM, May 31, 2004  

  • I clearly need to check your blog more often, as my comments are about three days behind. But I will say, I'm glad someone else asked about the Dr. McCoy guy, because I didn't know who he was either. And I wish I had a good answer for Jess about the caiman/Cayman question, but all I can say is "I think maybe". I do know that at first they wanted to name the island Tortuga, after all the turtles, but another island beat them to it, and so they had to come up with something else. Perhaps I should go back for more research.

    Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 PM, May 31, 2004  

  • So would this be the graduation of Dr. Matt Doty? Congratulations to Dr. Matt! Have a great time with Robbie and Jess and eat something yummy for me!

    I am going for pizza with my two best friends from high school, their mothers, and the new baby (Karen's). Should be fun.

    Love,
    Lizzie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM, June 02, 2004  

  • That sounds fun, Lizzie!

    And, Jess, as for the super secret plan, it might still be on. I'm not sure. I thought you thought it wouldn't work, so I gave up on it, but now I think it might not be too late.

    By Blogger Heather, at 8:12 PM, June 02, 2004  

  • I _do_ think it won't work, but I'm still horrified to hear that I've killed off your girlish hopes.
    And Debbie, I totally agree. And maybe a research trip to this Tortuga place, just to be on the safe side. I mean, if it's sunny and sandy there too.

    By Blogger JS, at 10:23 PM, June 02, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home