Weathering

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Midday funeral

I just bid my Palm Pilot farewell in a small, personal ceremony that consisted of my dropping it gently into the garbage can in my lab. It was actually a Handspring Visor. I dropped it on the floor and the screen shattered. I was pretty bummed until I saw that I could get a new one with a color screen for $120 at Amazon. And that other people were selling theirs for $8. I guess it's time to move on.

In other news, I just found out that my sister Emily got a super awesome summer job at an environmental conservation camp in Warren County, NY. I'm not sure what she's doing, but she hasn't officially begun yet, so I guess I'll hear more after she does.

And I talked to Megan!! Also, my data is coming out really well and I'll have my week's goals accomplished probably within an hour. What a day!

5 Comments:

  • Why get a new one, when that Newton is still around the lab (I think)

    -t

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM, June 10, 2004  

  • Ah, I think Francisco may have taken ownership of it. He also took the two extremely old VCRs that have been in the lab forever.

    By Blogger Heather, at 7:45 PM, June 10, 2004  

  • The same thing happened to my palm, but it was an expensive clie my dad bought me so I'm mourning deeply because I can't afford to replace it with the same thing right now. Actually, I'm not sure I dropped it . . . I may have stepped on it when I got down off of the bunk bed in the call room one night after being in the ICU overnight. =-)

    Congrats on getting your week's goals accomplished ! Have fun with Robbie and Jess, but don't let them near your toilet. =-)

    Love,
    Lizzie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 AM, June 11, 2004  

  • You know what else you can buy for $120? Your car's freedom from a towing lot in Falls Church, VA. Or maybe that's only the price when you weren't illegally parked and they were just towing for their own amusement.

    If I were you, I'd get the Palm Pilot instead.

    -Megs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 PM, June 11, 2004  

  • Ah, the curse of the Me(a)gan name... persecution by the parking Nazis. Bastards.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 AM, June 13, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home