Weathering

Monday, January 29, 2007

long night?


Tonight Matt flew to Syracuse for a job interview, so Will and I are on our own. I put him to bed at around 8:30, and although he seemed pretty awake when I laid him down in his crib, he was asleep by 8:45. The other night I lulled him to sleep with a story that I made up myself called "The Quantum Hall Effect," but tonight I read to him from Pride and Prejudice. I think it's a good book, but he didn't seem real interested. I guess it is sort of a chick book.

Will got his second nasty cold this past weekend, before his first one totally went away. That means that he's back to waking up every few hours, or at least he has the past several nights. So I'm not too excited about being home alone to deal with that, especially since it's harder than it used to be to get him to fall back asleep in the middle of the night. And last night he woke up feeling congested and miserable, which made him cry, which made him cough, which made him choke, which made me feel horrible. So I hope very much that that does not happen tonight. Matt shoved some cloth diapers beneath one end of his mattress so that he could sleep at an incline, which seems to have helped because he only woke up once feeling that bad.

The picture above is of Matt and Will on New Year's Eve.

2 Comments:

  • I don't know what the weather was like on New Years Eve but I think either Will is overdressed or Matt is underdressed.

    Hope Will is on the mend!
    - Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM, February 01, 2007  

  • Huh, that's a good point, Debbie! I don't know what was up with that.

    By Blogger Heather, at 9:11 PM, February 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home