Weathering

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Will's big-boy chair


Since Will turns five months old on Feb. 12, and that's when we're starting him on solid food, we got him a high chair. It's actually a booster seat that straps onto a regular chair. Julie and Tobias got the same one for Oliver, and Julie recommended it. So far we love it. Will can sit at the table with us when we eat, which is much nicer than having one of us hold him, which is what we've been doing for the last four months. It turns out that Will is maybe a bit small for this seat, but we started packing a blanket around him and that works just fine. We look forward to his first experience with rice cereal next weekend!

I have had the plague since Thursday and took my first non-maternity-leave sick day in over a year on Friday. Matt took Will to daycare and picked him up on his way home from work, which allowed me my first unrestricted nap since early September. Part of me felt like if I wasn't going to work Will should stay home with me, but the rest of me barely had energy to put on socks, much less keep a baby happy and occupied all day. Plus Will laughs when we drop him off at daycare and cries when I pick him up, so he seems to like it there. In any case, I'm feeling a lot better now so I'll be making an appearance at my office tomorrow, even though the high for the day is supposed to be 23 and I have to call an attorney back about a case that I really don't want to discuss.

2 Comments:

  • Wow! He does look like such a big boy! Is it really rice cereal time already??

    Sorry about the plague - I had that a while back and it was awful. There is a lot of it going around up here right now. Just what you want in below freezing weather . . .

    Anywhoo, glad Will likes his new seat! Good luck with the rice cereal and take advantage of all the naps you can get!

    Love,
    lizzie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM, February 05, 2007  

  • He is seriously cute. And I am not even related to him so I am completely unbiased.

    Megan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 PM, February 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home