Weathering

Monday, February 12, 2007

An eager eater



Today is Will's five-month birthday! Instead of eating cake, we celebrated this weekend by giving him his first taste of rice cereal. He loved it. He mastered swallowing surprisingly quickly, so I think that more than half of the cereal actually ended up in his belly instead of on his bib.

Last night we went to "Family Night Out" with the moms and babies group that I joined a while back. It was fun to meet all the dads for the first time. We also reconnected with Will's first friend Carter, who hasn't made it to any of the playgroups because his mom works fulltime. They live close to us, so his mom and I planned to get together for walks and to let the babies play together sometime.

This past weekend I had the plague, part two. I thought I was better the beginning of last week, but then it all got bad again, this time with a stuffy head, sore throat, and earache. By Sunday morning I was starting to wonder if I had the flu, despite having been super responsible and getting a flu shot this year. But by late Sunday afternoon I was feeling a lot better, and I'm doing all right today, even though Will and I were up for the day at 5:40. I guess he was excited about his birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home