Weathering

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dedicated older brother



This picture shows Will pumping milk out of his knee for Ryan. Truly, it wasn't just idle play--that's what he said he was doing. I thought it was awfully cute. Of course later that morning he kicked Ryan in the head, but that's the way it goes around here.


Yesterday I taught Will how to dunk Oreos into milk. It took him very little time to reach expert level. The Oreos were his reward for sitting in the cart yesterday at the grocery store so that we could buy apples and orange juice, both of which were his requests. It was a complex and time-consuming negotiation and I almost ended up going home before we even entered the store, but in the end it worked out. I find that bribery is the only way to get anything done these days, but since it eventually works, I'll stick with it.

3 Comments:

  • I'm glad we aren't the only ones who bribe our toddler. In order to go to the farmer's market, we buy A. blueberries first thing, and she eats them while we look and buy other things.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 PM, July 22, 2008  

  • Will still has the sweetest face! I miss him. I can't wait to see you guys, although at this point it may not be until Megan's shower in September . . .

    Love,
    Lizzie

    By Blogger Turtlewoman, at 9:11 PM, July 23, 2008  

  • We look forward to it, Lizzie!

    By Blogger Heather, at 2:08 PM, July 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home