Weathering

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Adiós, pingüinos.


I can't believe it's been over two years since we converted the downstairs office into a bedroom for Will, complete with emperor penguin border (you may remember that he was unusually obsessed with penguins as a one-year-old). Well, those penguins are no longer. Now that Will and Ryan are sharing a room upstairs we are turning his old bedroom into a playroom. We tried just moving the toys into that room and hoping for the best, but I could not take the dark blue walls, which made the room feel small and stuffy. So over the last week Matt and I repainted the walls a cream color and the built-in bookcase red, which is the color that Will wanted for all the walls. I'm glad we reached this compromise, because I think it looks great. We have yet to move in the 1.76 million toys that the boys possess so the room might start to feel crowded and stuffy anyway, but for now I love it. We won't move the toys until we get back from the beach in a week, which will give the bookcase a good long time to dry.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home